Sunday, August 10, 2008

Tex Mex Dinner

Tonight we had chilli con carne, well I had chilli with kidney beans while BF had his meat version. I also made the cornbread and queso from Vegan Explosion.
The bread with a bit too sweat for my liking. It was a nice contrast to the chilli and really yummy but just not as "bready" as I liked, rather "cakey" :-). The queso also needs a bit of tweaking but that's because I didn't have the exact ingredients and my NZ substitutes just didn't do the recipe justice. But I will keep trying. However, I usually use this cheese sauce which is real good!

Anyway, the tasty corn bread:



And the chilli topped with cheese sauce (as it turned out a bit spicy and needed dampening down hehe)

3 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Looks like a comforting meal! Yum!

KP said...

Cornbread! I was going to make some cornbread muffins last week and I forgot all about it... This makes me want some cornbread for sure this week!

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Mmmmm looks great... as does the chocolate mousse in your previous post. A must-try for sure!