Sunday, August 17, 2008

Cupcakes Galore and Cheesecake Indulgence

I really wonder, why this blogspot thing is so inconvenient when uploading photos... never mind

Here are the blueberry cupcakes I made for work tomorrow to have a 'belated' celebration, since I didn't go to work on Friday when I had my actual birthday.


I haven't tried them yet but they smelled delicious :-)


Tonight's dinner was a yummy fruit platter, because my tummy was a bit upset so I opted for raw food :-)


Here the next batch of cupcakes/muffins:
banana muffins with walnut and crumble crunchyness

Haven't tried these yet either, but darling boyfriend said they were tasty, but that next time I should add extra walnuts to the batter.







Last night's dinner was a fruit platter, because I had raw foods Saturday :-)



And here comes the Double Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake.
I also made one small portion to sample before serving it at work because it is the first time I made a raw vegan cheesecake and my colleagues are quite fond of the egg and dairy-laden versions :-). But this will convince them.
I have to admit, I tweaked the recipe a bit, so it's not strictly raw. For example, I couldn't afford to pay NZ$ 26 for 250g of cacao nibs and opted for vegan dark chocolate instead. I also couldn't find cherry extract, so I added dried cherries (which are also bloody expensive).
The base of the cheesecake is very delicious and the filling also. Being raw doesn't make it healthy though hehe. Well, I mean it is healthier than a lot of normal cheesecakes, but 3 cups cashews, 1 3/4 cups almonds and 1 cup of coconut oil do eventually amount to a huge fat content. But that's okay. It's an experiment and I'm glad it went well, because this must be one of the most expensive cakes I have ever made :-).




I will report tomorrow how it was received.
My plan is: Feed my lovely colleagues, let them rave about it, then tell them: It's animal friendly, no butter, no eggs, no cream, no cheese. That'll teach even the most stubborn male :-)

2 comments:

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Haha that's what I ALWAYS used to do-- feed people baked goods, then wait to say the food is vegan until AFTER they admit to liking the baked goods. But now I don't have to do that any more. ALL my friends have discovered that vegan baked goods are delicious, so they aren't afraid to eat vean food anymore :o).

KP said...

Ooh the muffins look wonderful. I've been making a lot of muffins lately so these are looking quite tasty to me right now. lol.

And do you use silicone baking cups? How do you like them?