Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Body and Mind

After 5 months of being vegan, last week I told my (vegan for 7 or so years) friend that I haven't been sick since - so last weekend we both got a cold... how's that???
Never mind, I'm doing fine. My spirits are up, just my body hasn't quite caught up yet, but it's getting there.
I really miss running. My last run was a week ago. The weather kept me from doing a long run on the weekend and then came the cough...
I'm hoping to do an easy run this weekend and slowly get back into a 4 runs a week routine.

I have started making sushi with brown rice now after discovering short grain organic brown rice at my favourite Organic store. It's not quite photo-ready yet as I still have to work out the right amount of sushi vinegar to make it stick properly, but it definitely convinced me and will take over from white rice.

Uni is going okay. It's quite busy but I feel good no matter what. One thing at a time, that's the way to go...
I'm still refusing to pull night-shifts in order to get assignments done but I can see myself having to face them this trimester... We'll see.

Today I went to the bar where I'll have my 23rd birthday party. The headchef is pretty much part of the family (boyfriend's sister's partner, i.e. 'brother in law' if both of us couples were married hehe), so he will accommodate my few wishes of vegan as well as glutenfree dishes :-). Don't you just love 'being different' :-).

But I'll make it as easy as possible for them (this will also keep them from making stuff-ups hehe) so I need to organise my invitations etc. and get the ball rolling.

Right, gotta go now, work on my psychology assignment :-)

1 comment:

KP said...

Yeah, I have had a similar occurrence recently: My boyfriend caught a cold after telling some coworkers how he never got sick since he became vegan :). And then he got me sick. Oh well!

I'm not in school right now, but it's inching ever closer!