Thursday, July 3, 2008

Apologies

Apologies for not writing for aaaaage but I had soo much on, I just didn't find the time.
First of all, there was uni - doing 4 papers really took its toll and was quite stressful.
Secondly, I worked about 12 hours a week, trying to get some more $$$ :-)
Thirdly, I trained for a marathon which required about 6-8 hours of running a week.
Finally, and most importantly, my darling boyfriend also wanted my attention and I have to admit he was somewhat deprived of it as of recently.
But now, everything is back on track.

Number 1: The trimester is over, I achieved 2 A- in my Psychology courses as well as 2 As in my HR and my Accounting paper, so I'm over the moon. especially, because I managed to keep the As coming despite all those other commitments.

Number 2: I'm still happily working away, our team is growing and my colleagues are just amazing. I assume, I am one of the few people on this planet who actually looks forward to going to work :-).

Number 3: I ran my first marathon on June 22 in 4 hours 35 min 39 seconds and am really proud of it because the weather was absolutely horrendous, so finishing in just over 4 1/2 hours was fantastic (headwind, hail, rain, cold, we had it all)

Here you can see me (on the right in the blue top)



Number 4: Boyfriend and I had a good talk about *us* and will both make more of an effort - for me that means making time for being together and doing stuff outside the house even if that means sacrificing a bit of study time or so.

Finally, I am still passionately cooking away, creating some yummy vegan dishes. Just last night we had pizza and I topped mine with vegan nacho cheese sauce made from cashew nuts blended with water, pickled peppers, paprika powder, onion powder, lemon juice, garlic, savoury yeast flakes, salt and pepper (then boil the sauce until thick and creamy).

On Saturday we'll be having a midwinter Christmas party at a friends place. While there will be staple Christmas foods such as ham and pavlova, I will also provide plenty of vegan delights such as vegan German Stollen (a Christmas loaf/cake thingy), vegan dips and breadchips, bread/buns, salad, roast potatoes and veges and drinks.

Okay, that's me for now.

No comments: