Monday, March 24, 2008

Glutenfree Adventures

Tonight my friends are coming for dinner and one of them is gf. So this morning I made gluten-free bread with sun-dried tomatoes, sunflower seeds and walnuts. Will take a photo later when I cut it. I also made a rice and nut cake which will be served for dessert together with some coconut ice cream.
It's not too difficult to cook and bake gluten-free, I find and I would really love to cut more wheat out of our diet. I make an effort to use only whole grain products and flour in my usual baking or pizzas or so, but in the future I will try to substitute a little more often and cut down the gluten-containing products. For health reasons.

So tonight we'll have an entree of antipasto platter. I'm the only vegan so it's a mix of bread, cheeses, pickels, chutneys, fruit, dips and hummus. For the main we'll have roast potatoes, steamed veges, a green salad and some yuckie meat for the others :-).
For dessert it's the rice cake with coconut ice cream.

I'm really looking forward to it. It'll show my darling BF again that there are tasty vegan foods and that gluten-free isn't the end of the world :-).

On a completely different note, I am totally stressed out with uni and sometimes just thinking of the assessments ahead makes me have little panic attacks. Well I should get over it. I'll try

No comments: