Sunday, March 23, 2008

Getting started

After becoming a vegan 5 1/2 weeks ago, it is about time for me to start my own vegan food and cooking blog.
I have found so many great vegan blogs and website and am astonished by all the creativity when it comes to cooking and baking.
I have managed to create some pretty nice dishes myself, such as vegan carrot cake with icing, a super-energy fruit loaf as well as really yummy hot cross buns.
I will make an effort to upload photos as well.

Just some infos about myself:
I am a 22 year old student, doing a Commerce and a Science degree (in my 2nd year).
In my spare time (haven't got much of that at the moment) I enjoy running, exercise at the gym, reading, meeting friends, going out for dinner, dancing, and of course cooking and baking.

I live in a lovely little apartment with my boyfriend who is an absolute meat lover. It's not always easy with us when it comes to dinner because I now have to make some arrangements to cook for us both without having to cook 2 separate dishes.

The result of last night's spag bol was basically spaghetti with tomato sauce and separate meat balls for BF. I had bought some vegan mozarella (NZ$12.50!!! what a rip off!) and it was surprisingly tasty. However, considering the price, it will stay an occasional treat.

Now here's the first photo:

No comments: